Happy New Year!
I’m going to save everyone from the standard “year in review” post or even a “here are the top 10 songs of the year” post.
For the most part.
This past year was full of ups and downs (aren’t they all really?!) but I’m glad to have had each of the experiences. Now why would I want to have to deal with some negativity, hurt, frustration, and sadness? Because it makes the high points a bit brighter and also prepares you for the next challenges you will face.
If you would have asked me at this point last year if I’d be headed towards a new job after working campaigns I would have laughed to you, but here I am.
I’m looking forward to the next year. I’m not going to make any grandiose claims that 2013 is going to be “my year” or the “best year ever” – I’m going to work to make the most of each moment, each situation. To learn, grow, feel, smile, laugh, and share. I’m looking forward to new opportunities – both at work and in general. I’m excited to have fun with old friends and make new ones.
Who knows what the next year will bring, but I say bring it on.
However, here are a few highlights from 2012:
1. The Hunger Games books
2. Discovering some amazing new music
3. The following TV shows – Bones, Parks and Rec, Modern Family
4. Many of the results of the 2012 elections.
5. Mini-Tuskers reunion in KC.
6. Visiting the Wizarding World of Harry Potter.
7. This –> http://www.legistorm.com/pro_news/view/id/395.html
8. Meeting some wonderful new people and having a lot of great times with friends.
On that note, I’m going to go back enjoying my last few days of hiatus before the new gig starts. Best wishes to everyone in the coming year.