I was going through old notes from Facebook, and found this list of 25 things about me that I originally posted in January of 2009. While a lot has changed since then, a lot really hasn’t. I guess it’s true that the more things change, the more they stay the same. 🙂
Without further ado. . . . .
1. I was born in Indiana, which my grandmother thought meant that I was not a US Citizen.
2. From 5th – 8th grade, I was a three sport athlete (basketball, volleyball, and softball). I even was a cheerleader for my grade school’s football team for a year.
3. I’ve been to 6 of the 7 continents, and hope to hit all 7 before I’m 35. (and in case you’re wondering, the one I have left is Africa.)
4. My hair is not naturally red. In fact, until I was in 6th grade, it was past my waist and blonde.
5. I enjoy photography, especially taking pictures of architecture and nature. My goal is to work on a good online portfolio, try to sell and show some prints, and also find new opportunities to take photos.
6. I can play 3 instruments fairly well (flute, saxophone, and trumpet), and like to tinker around on the drumset in my basement (much to the annoyance of my animals). I play in a community band during the summer and am hoping to join a year-round community band as well.
7. I grew up across the street from former Philadelphia Eagles/Washington Redskins/Minnesota Vikings QB Donovan McNabb. Jane Lynch of Glee is also from our hometown.
8. I once was named Employee of the Month for lending a patron at the Rec Center my shoes so she could play tennis.
9. I spent 17 years in Catholic school. (4th grade through all of college, including grad school)
10. A goal in my life is to be walking down the street and have a musical break out around me.
11. I’ve been the same height since I was in 8th grade.
12. I broke my nose in high school gym class running into a classmate’s chest trying to catch a pop fly.
13. I have 3 cats and a dog. All of them are rescue animals and pretty much awesome.
14. I don’t eat many fruits or vegetables, mostly due to texture. It’s the same reason I don’t eat yogurt, oatmeal, or things with weird textures.
15. I earned my Girl Scout Gold Award.
16. I collect political signs, and count among my collection a Rod Blagojevich and Alan Keyes yard sign.
17. I’m a big fan of cheezy movies, which anyone who has seen my movie collection can attest to.
18. Since moving out of the dorms in college I’ve lived in an old hospital, an old warehouse, and an old schoolhouse.
19. Even though I write with my left hand, I do a lot of other things with my right, including bowl and throw.
20. My eyes change color when I get angry, sad, or have any really strong emotion. I used to want blue eyes, but now think that my hazel ones are way better and unique.
21. I can eat with chopsticks, but I can’t stand touching Popsicle sticks.
22. I have 9 piercings, all in my ears.
23. Watching TV was my homework in college, and I also got tested on setting up AV equipment.
24. I can watch Telemundo and understand what’s going on.
25. I like Diet Coke, but regular Pepsi.
So there you go, 25 random facts about me. Any questions?