Here are some cameraphone #protips to kick off 2015. You can thank me later.
1. If you don’t look your best in a selfie (remember to hold the phone with your arm extended above your head for the most flattering angle), or it is not in focus, or your finger is in front of the camera – just take another! No shame in aiming for your best look in each and every selfie!
2. Clean off your cameras on the regular. There are likely fingerprints on it, which leads to smudgy photos. This includes the forward facing one.
3. FOCUS. Before you click, select your focus point. Please.
4. If it is super blurry – consider not posting. While your moment across the room from the President may have been amazing, the crappy blurry photo that makes him look like a blob doesn’t really help us be in the moment with you.
5. Background awareness. Make sure you aren’t capturing anything uber-awkward in the background of your photo. You don’t want to end up on a Buzzfeed list of the most inappropriate photo backgrounds of all time, do you?
6. Just say no to the selfie stick.
7. Choose your filters wisely.
8. Don’t auto cross-post – except at times from Instagram to Facebook. Since Twitter no longer shows Instagram photos in Twitter streams, people may not click to look at your masterpiece.
9. Just because you can, doesn’t mean you should. Don’t overshare.
10. Have fun. Explore. Share you world with others!